Book your flights to Colombo withÂ Luxury Class Tour today and begin your journey to the social, cultural and financial capital of Sri Lanka which is warm and accessible all the year round. With a rich history and the architectural influence of Portugal, the Netherlands and Britain the beauty and variety on show will capture your heart.
Top 5 Things To Do in Colombo
- Watch one of the daily elephant shows at the Colombo Zoo or simply wander the area observing the many animals
- Visit the National Museum of Colombo, the largest in the city, displaying art and artefacts from over 400 years of history
- Walk the Galle Face Green Promenade during the day for a pleasant market atmosphere in sunny weather or in the evening for a spectacular view and a beautiful sunset
- Stop at the Sapumal Foundation, an art gallery boasting over 200 paintings that represent a complete history of Sri Lankan art
- Stroll the fort area of the city, a hub that contains both Colomboâ€™s World Trade Centre and the Colombo Stock Exchange and is historically significant
Plan Your Colombo Holiday
The best time to book your tickets to Colombo is between December and March to avoid the unsettled rainy seasons. During these months there should be plenty of opportunity for swimming and other outdoor activities as it is the areaâ€™s dry season.
When looking for cheap hotels in Colombo it may be more advisable to go closer to the middle of the year when it will still be reasonably dry but the city will be less busy than it gets in peak season. Whatever time of year you choose to travel, remember to check out our popular Deals section for the all the best flight deals to Colombo.