Book your flights to Kozhikode, also known as Calicut, with Luxury Class Tour and tour this flourishing centre of international and domestic trade.
Top 5 Things To Do in Kozhikode
- Visit the Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary, part of a remote forest reserve adjacent to two national parks in Karnataka and in Tamil Nadu. Wildlife that may be visible during your visit here includes langur monkeys, tigers, Indian bison, spotted deer and sambar. If you are lucky, you may also get a glimpse of wild elephants passing through
- Sample the famous Mithai Theravu, a kind of halwa, along Sweet Street, a market known for its sumptuous confections
- Stroll along the Kozhikode beach, taking time to sample local seafood delicacies which can be found at the beach stalls along the way
- Tour the busiest part of the city known as Mananchira Square. Historical buildings, traditional mosques, Mananchira tank, private bath of the Samuthiris, local artisan exhibits and dining options are peppered throughout this portion of the city
- For a day trip, consider taking a drive 48 km out to view the Thusharagiri Waterfall. Bring along a picnic lunch and enjoy the natural beauty of the falls and their surroundings
Plan Your Kozhikode Holiday
Visitors head to Kozhikode throughout the year, although the best time to visit is from September to May as the temperatures are more moderate. Finding flight deals to Kozhikode throughout the year is possible with Luxury Class Tour. For the best pricing, we recommend booking your tickets to Kozhikode well in advance of your anticipated travel dates.
For cheap hotels in Kozhikode, consider booking travel during the less popular summer months or during the monsoon season, if you donâ€™t mind the heat or rains.