For the best travel experience, book your flights to Sri Lanka with Luxury Class Tour. Sri Lanka is filled with colour, lights, and sounds along with pristine beaches, hilly countryside, and fascinating historical sites.
Top 5 Things To Do in Sri Lanka
- Explore the remains of the city of Anuradhapura, one of the ancient capital cities of Sri Lanka, where elaborate royal palaces, monasteries, and temples contain relics from SiddhÄrtha Gautama
- Enjoy everything from spotting wildlife to engaging in a wide variety of water sports at Alankuda Beach, even try surfing for beginners
- Take a jeep safari across Yala National Park to look for elephant herds, reptiles, numerous bird species and even leopards
- Visit the Royal Peradeniya Botanical Gardens to see the arboretum and amazing plant collections which include an impressive collection of rare orchids
- See the country by train and view tea plantations and lots of beautiful natural scenery among the hills and valleys
Plan Your Sri Lanka Holiday
Knowing when to go to Sri Lanka depends on which side of the island you will focus your visit on. For destinations on the east coast including Arugam Bay or the beaches at Uppuveli, travel between May and September. For a trip to the west coast such as the beautiful beaches of Beruwala or Kalutara town, or the highlands, December through to March is the ideal time to visit.
You can travel on a budget and find flight deals to Sri Lanka with Luxury Class Tourâ€™s popular deals. Throughout the mini-peak season in winter, and during the time of the Kandy Esala Perahere festival, we suggest booking your tickets to Sri Lanka 4 to 6 months in advance. For cheap hotels in Sri Lanka, travel between November and April which are the rainy seasons on the south and west coast.